Thursday, June 15, 2023

Enchantment

Enchantment: Awakening Wonder in an Anxious Age by Katherine May, 212 pages.

Jan wrote about this cozy nonfiction book here a couple of months ago. May writes about trying to recapture not just a sense of normalcy, but something better after the long stress period of a global pandemic. The book is mostly part memoir and part meditation on nature and life, one which encourages the reader to do the same kind of thinking.

I had a hard time getting into this book, but I'm pretty sure it is a perfectly fine book that would be very impactful if it spoke to you. I liked that the book was structured around the four classical elements, which felt like an effective organizational method. Overall, it wasn't for me, but I think it could be a very could choice for someone who enjoys an introspective memoir.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment