Monday, January 9, 2023

Piranesi

 Piranesi by Susanna Clarke, 245 pages.

I actually wrote about this book almost exactly a year ago, so feel free to read that review for a comparative look and the complete summary. 

Rereading this book was an entirely different experience from reading it the first time, probably in no small part because I actually knew what was going on for the first half of the book or so. I think, upon a reread, I've come down on the side of liking the book (although my complaints from my first review still stand). There are so many really interesting things going on with perspective, as a concept, that I caught on my second read that I think gave a lot of depth to my overall experience. I'm very excited to talk about this one with Orcs and Aliens tonight, less because it is a very good book than because it is a very interesting one, and I'm very curious to see what other people have to say about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment