Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The Chicken Sisters

The Chicken Sisters by KJ Dell'Antonia, 344 pages

For generations, two fried chicken restaurants have vied for the hearts of the residents in tiny Merinac, Kansas. Not a particularly surprising premise, except that these two eateries were founded by warring sisters, and their descendants have kept up the fight for more than a century. Now, in a bid to bring more attention to their charming small town, Amanda, the girl who crossed the line (read: married a son from the other family), has reached out to a reality show, which agrees to pit Amanda and her in-laws against Amanda's sister and mother in a fight for the fried chicken crown. This was a silly premise, and I'm not sure how much I really cared about the characters, but darn if it didn't pull me in and make me crave fried chicken as I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment