Sunday, November 28, 2021

The Anthropocene Reviewed

 The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green, 293 pages.

This collection of personal essays reviews a wide range of concepts from the current geological age, from diet coke to plague, and rates them on a five star scale. These essays are often informative, and always at least a little philosophical, in addition to often being deeply personal. 

I really enjoyed this book, I think largely because I really enjoy how John Green sees the world. This book was written during the current pandemic, and if it has a central theme it is healing and the power of community, even (or especially) in the face of huge amounts of pain. I enjoyed this book more than I've enjoyed any of the authors novels, and I recommend this easy read whole-heartedly.


No comments:

Post a Comment