Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Scandal at Bletchley

The Scandal at Bletchley by Jack Treby  236 pp.

In 1929, on the brink of the global recession, a group of MI5 personnel meet at the private estate, Bletchley Park to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the organization. Former secret service member, Hilary Manningham-Butler, is invited but is not sure why since he left employment there many years before. Hilary is a middle aged woman who has been masquerading as a man for most of her life and none of her colleagues know about it. But when someone in the party threatens to reveal that secret it could bring down the entire organization which is something members of Parliament would love to see. As mysteries go, this one is so-so at best. I got it as a cheap audiobook so I'm not out much. For some reason I am having trouble uploading pictures of the cover on my Chromebook so I will add it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment