Monday, March 9, 2020

The Hidden Life of Trees

The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate: Discoveries from a Secret World by Peter Wohlleben, 272 pages

In this charming and unexpectedly engrossing book, Wohlleben provides detailed insights into how forests survive and thrive as communities. From the minuscule details of how a single leaf allows the tree to breathe to the way in which trees migrate across continents in response to climate changes, this book examines trees in more detail than I ever thought possible. And it does so in a surprisingly approachable and readable way. Listening to this audiobook as I drove home every day made me look at the trees in my neighborhood in a new way, and I suspect it'll affect my view of trees for years to come. Recommended for fans of natural history and PBS nature documentaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment