Friday, March 27, 2020

Get a Clue

Get a Clue by Jill Shalvis (2005) 297 pages

When it seemed that our library might be closing soon due to coronavirus concerns, I hurriedly stockpiled several books to keep me occupied. Little did I realize that one of the books I chose, Get a Clue, was a romance/mystery. This is not my usual choice. In spite of its genre (or perhaps because of it?), it was a fast read, grabbing my interest as Breanne, the heroine, goes on her honeymoon alone after being stood-up at the altar. She's determined to avoid men, based on her poor track record. She finds herself at a remote lodge in the Sierra Mountains in the snowstorm of the century, just before the power goes out. Her reserved suite has been double-booked by a burned out policeman. Cooper, the policeman, is having a life crisis, too. Start with two emotionally injured people with strong feelings, each insisting on their right to the bridal suite, add some suspense, a dead body and a lot of sex, and here is a somewhat predictable, yet entertaining read.

No comments:

Post a Comment