Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Narrow Road to the Deep North

The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan, 334 pages.

The story of Dorrigo Evans was very well-reviewed by Linda, here.
Winner of the 2014 Man Booker prize (the best novel written in English and published in th UK) for 2014. I listened to the audiobook version for most of this story, though as I often do when a book is compelling and I can't wait to hear how it goes, I read quite a bit of it, too. I found narrator David Atlas to be very good reader and heard his voice in my head when reading the text.
A compelling tale of shocking brutality in a Japanese prisoner-of war camp and lost love. A great read for those who love comples characters, and great storytelling, and who are not put off by graphic violence.
By the author of the excellent Gould's Book of Fish.
Check our catalog.

Downloadable audiobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment