Monday, August 17, 2015

Ms. Marvel, vol. 3: Crushed

Ms. Marvel, vol. 3: Crushed by G. Willow Wilson with art by Takeshi Miyazawa and Elmo Bondoc, 112 pages.

My love for Ms. Marvel is well known, so I'll keep this short. Kamala manages to survive a visit from Loki, everyone's favorite trickster god, but surviving her first crush is another matter. This one feels, unfortunately, a little too short - a quick search online told me that Marvel's big event likely curtailed a proper arc, which is a shame. One thing I really enjoyed was the issue of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that rounds out this trade. Of COURSE Kamala and Coulson would find common ground nerding out over villains and their tech while fighting blob monsters! While a little uneven, it's still a great continuation of the series, and I'm looking forward to the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment