Friday, August 12, 2022

Comfort Me With Apples

 Comfort Me With Apples by Catherynne M. Valente, 103 pages.

Sophia lives with her perfect husband in her perfect house in her perfect gated community and she is happy. Really. Why wouldn't she be happy? She loves her husband. She was made for him. If her neighbors have been asking her strange questions, and if she's finding strange things in her house, surely nothing is truly wrong. There must be a completely normal reason for the human finger bone in her knife block. 

This ended up being a different book than what I thought I was reading, and I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about it. I think it was probably pretty good, but I'm not very satisfied with the ending. I'm not totally sure it comes together, but it is certainly interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment