Friday, August 12, 2022

Bitter Root Vol. 1: Family Business

Bitter Root Vol. 1: Family Business by David F. Walker and Chuck Brown, 160.

The Sangerye family has long specialized in purifying souls to cure the monster created when a soul hates too much. But tragedy after tragedy has struck their family in the last few years, and the few remaining family members are not at all united about what direction the family should take. And when a new type of monster appears on the street of Harlem it may be too much for the scattered remnants of the family to handle.

I think I was expecting some sort of steampunky, jazz age, odd family comic with this cover, but that's not really the atmosphere that it has. This wasn't a bad comic, but the start was sort of slow, and I don't know that it's hooked me enough to continue, although I do love to see jazz age Harlem as a setting. From what people have told me about Ring Shout the concept here sounds pretty similar, so if you liked that one maybe give this one a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment