Friday, February 27, 2015

Most talkative: stories from the front lines of pop culture by Andy Cohen 9781427222589 273 pages



Let me say up front that I do not watch reality television. I have never watched a BRAVO program; I was drawn to the book by hearing about a local kid who made it to the big time. Andy Cohen may not be everyone’s cup of tea. He is loud and brash (I listened to this audiobook rather than read it). But he is quite entertaining in a somewhat flamboyant manner. He gives the unvarnished tale of how he left St. Louis for a stint as an intern with CBS This Morning which was not a good fit for him before  creating Top Chef and the Real Housewives franchise. He is obsessed with pop culture, tv soaps, celebrities, and shares his experiences coming out of the closet. After listening to his book I still don’t watch reality tv, but I am tempted to return to Allen Foods to try to spot his relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment