Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hunger Games

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins p. 384


Katniss lives in Panem in District 12 with her mother and sister. Her father died in a coal mining accident when she was eleven and she's been the family's provider ever since. There are twelve districts (district thirteen was obliterated) and the Capitol. The Capitol controls all the districts and has all the wealth. The districts tried to rebel years against the Capitol years ago but they were defeated and as a punishment, The Hunger Games. One boy and one girl from each district is picked in the reaping to compete. The kids in the arena fight to the death. It is very hard and sad for the districts to watch (and they have to watch) but it is entertainment for the Capitol.
I can't believe I've never blogged this book. I keep rereading it and its great every time (unlike most of the other books I've reread. I really need to reread the good ones). I think it is well written and a great book for young adults as well as adults. This was my first time reading a dystopian novel and I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment