Monday, July 30, 2012

The man upstairs and other stories

The man upstairs and other stories by P.G. Wodehouse 312 pgs.

No Jeeves are Bertie featured here but still a wonderful collection of hilarious stories by one of my favorite authors, P.G. Wodehouse.  Too many specific favorite but certainly enjoyed "The goal-keeper and the Plutocrat" when Clarence is told the family fortune has been lost and that he has to get a job, his reply is:

"Me?, work?  Well, of course, mind you, fellows do work, I was lunching with a man at the Bachelor's only yesterday who swore he knew a fellow who had met a man whose cousin worked.  But I don't see what I could do, don't you know."

If you have not tried any Wodehouse yet, consider an audio.  Everyone I've listened to has been excellent.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment