Monday, July 16, 2012

The kings of cool

The kings of cool: prequel to savages by Don Winslow  322 pages.

The movie "Savages" which is currently out is based on Winslow's previous book.  Here he has decided to fill in some background so we can see how the characters GOT to the place they are in Savages.  I read the first book when it was new and was excited to see this one.  I think I like it even more than the first one and now I will have to see the movie.  Of course it is tough to have a prequel if the movie does well...how do you make the actors look just a few years younger?  Guess we will see how the box office works out before worrying too much.  I enjoyed the relationships in this book.  Ben and Chon and their interesting parents.  O's mother was featured in the last book so nothing much new to report about their relationship.  We do learn about her father.  Overall I like these characters and I like Winslow's style of writing.  I would say read the books in any order.
check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment