Friday, August 11, 2023

The Priory of the Orange Tree

 The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon, 830 pages. 

Tis' the season for all of us to be finishing the big book challenge for the summer! If you want to see a synopsis of this book, I would recommend scrolling down one post to see what Kara had to say.

As far as my own thoughts, I really enjoyed this book! The writing was engaging enough to make it seem shorter than it is (although it is already shorter than it looks). I really appreciate a fantasy novel with enough points of view to give you a good idea about what most of the world looks like, and it is definitely the case for this book that countries where people are from and spend time feel more real than ones we only talk about. A neat book overall, although I'm not sure I'm invested enough to read the other book in the setting. Although I am excited to talk about this one on Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment