Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Taste

Taste: My Life Through Food by Stanley Tucci, 291 pages

Just about any movie I find featuring Stanley Tucci, I love. So when I stumbled across the audiobook for his food-based memoir (read by the author himself!), I knew I had to give it a try. I didn't expect to find myself daydreaming about authentic Italian cuisine as he described the Tucci method of preparing multi-course dinners. Yet that's exactly what happened. Interspersed between stories of the simple meals he ate as a young actor in New York City and star-studded tales of meals on film shoots across Europe (Meryl Streep and Ryan Reynolds, anyone?), Tucci shares the recipes that have shaped his life, all served with a hearty helping of Tucci's sharp wit. My mouth is watering just remembering this book, and how it has put "Eat a meal prepared by Stanley Tucci" on my bucket list. Yeah, it probably won't happen, but I can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment