Sunday, July 11, 2021

McGee & Stuckey's Bountiful Container: A Container Garden of Vegetables, Herbs, Fruits, and Edible Flowers

 McGee and Stuckey's Bountiful Container by Rose Marie Nichols McGee and Maggie Stuckey, 448 pages. 

I picked this book up in late spring with the intention of doing slightly less winging it in my gardening this year. This was especially nice because I grow exclusively in containers and mostly things that I can eat, so all of the books on making pretty floral arrangements in containers were not terrible helpful to me. 

Once I started reading this book, which I expected to use mostly as a reference manual, I proceeded to read the whole thing cover-to-cover. This is a really thorough guide, both for what you need to get started and sorted individually by plant. A really fun additional bonus are the projects and ideas for themed gardens, a couple of which I would definitely love to try. 

This book has a really good mix of the staples that people would want to grow in containers (basil, tomatoes, etc.) and more niche plants that I had never heard of, but am now definitely interested in trying my hand at. This guide, especially with the great attitude of the authors, makes me really excited to try new things. I am definitely looking forward to ordering my own copy of this book tp reference for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment