Saturday, June 27, 2020

Trouble Is What I Do

Trouble Is What I Do by Walter Mosley, 166 pages.
I would have sworn that I had read all of Mosley's books, then thought about how many he has written and how lazy I am, and changed that to "most of them," but I am still somewhat surprised that have missed all of the Leonid McGill books. Trouble is the fourth in the series, so I have got some catching up to do.
Private eye McGill lives by a code, a series of rules that are all very noirish in nature and designed to keep his clients alive and his honor intact. This story is straightforward in its convoluted plot, fast paced, cynical, and unsentimental. McGill is hired to safely unite an old blues singer with his granddaughter. The task is complicated because the man's son wants to hide his roots and is willing to have his father killed to keep his secret safe. A good solid story from a masterful writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment