Sunday, June 7, 2020

How to be fine

How to be fine: what we learned from living by the rules of 50 self help books / Jolenta Greenberg and Kristen Meinzer, read by the authors, 251 pgs.

I enjoyed listening to these two, who also host the podcast "By the book," talk about their successes and failures following self-help books. They break this into three parts, things that worked, things that didn't work, and things they wish more books recommended.  So, in the end, they can't stop themselves from offering their own help.  I'm a sucker for self-help books but mostly because it shows me how out of touch the authors are with my kind of life.  Sometimes, though, you get some great ideas. One of the authors here has the same skepticism which is why they make a great team. Fun listening and I added some titles onto my own "to read" list based on their comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment