Thursday, January 29, 2015

Carsick

Carsick: John Waters hitchhikes across America / John Waters 322 pgs.

If you know John Waters and like him at all, this book is for you.  He pitched a book about hitchhiking across America but has also added two sections - one about his fictional "good rides" and one about his fictional "bad rides".  The fiction is hilarious and dirty and just what you would hope for from John Waters.  The "real rides" section is pretty awesome and makes you question what you think you know about John.  His biggest complaint is the bad lighting in several motels that prevent him from reading.  Sounds just like a librarian! I can't imagine how fun it would be to pick him up but I never drive cross country and I'm not sure he will repeat this trip.

I listened to the audiobook and it is read by John himself.  I think that really added to my reading experience.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment