Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I don't know

I don't know: in praise of admitting ignorance (except when you shouldn't) / Leah Hager Cohen 116 pgs.

I've long been a fan of admitting I don't know but still have the desire now and then to feign knowledge if there is a possibility of feeling uncomfortably stupid. Leah Hager Cohen talks about this and other reasons why we don't want to admit that we just don't know something.  Of course there is the OTHER side of the coin...we know but don't want to admit it.  For example, we know someone is wrong or someone is being treated poorly but we ignore it.  Loved this book and feel better for being very familiar with admitting when I don't know.

check our catalog

2 comments:

  1. "Of course there is the OTHER side of the coin...we know but don't want to admit it."

    You mean like knowing which Kardashian is which?

    ReplyDelete