Thursday, July 30, 2026

The Odyssey

 The Odyssey by Homer (751/2000), 541 pages

Like many folks, I picked up The Odyssey to read it before watching the movie. I had a long car ride ahead of me and decided to use the time to listen to the audio version. I had read snippets of The Odyssey in school, but remembered very little of it. I had forgotten how encapsulated each chapter/section of the book is. I wish I could tell you the translation I listened to, but I could not find the details anywhere on the title information page provided by Libby. It seemed like a fair translation and, overall, I did enjoy the saga. At some points I wish there was more elaboration to an event and others less so. I am, though, looking forward to seeing it on the screen and it visually coming to life.


No comments:

Post a Comment