Monday, October 3, 2022

Moonstruck Vol 1

 Moonstruck vol 1: Magic to Brew by Grace Ellis and Shae Beagle (et. al), 120 pages.

Werewolf barista Julie and her new werewolf girlfriend go on a date to a stage magic show with their centaur friend Chet tagging along. But some magical malfeasance leaves Chet changed and their group of magical friends looking for the evil illusionist and his ghostly companion. 

I have a bit of mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand I love a magical cafe in a casually magical setting (even though technically this book is set in Texas?), and this comic has the sort of cozy vibe I was expecting from Mooncakes. On the other hand, even by the end I didn't entirely understand many of the character motivations, and I'm not sure the whole thing came together. I may or may not continue with this series, but at least it was cute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment