Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Coraline

 Coraline by Neil Gaiman, 162 pages.

Coraline (though I suspect most people are familiar with the plot) is about a little girl who goes through a door in her house that should lead to a brick wall and instead leads to another world, where everything is exactly as she thinks it should be. This other world comes complete with an other mother and other father, who want Coraline to stay there forever with them and be loved. When Coraline discovers that this other world is more of a nightmare than a dream she must be very clever to escape back to her own world and save her parents.

I saw this movie many years ago and have never quite been able to remember if I had read the book before or not, but the beginning of October seemed like a great time to read it and see. It turns out I had not read it before and it is exactly as terrifying as people say. Neil Gaiman, as always, does good work, and I'm happy I finally got around to this one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment