Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Axiom's End

 Axiom's End by Lindsay Ellis, 374 pages.

Kara has actually written about this one a couple of times, but you can check out her first review here. I read this one for the Orcs & Aliens book club and I'm sorry to say I struggled with it a bit. I'm definitely more of a fantasy reader than a sci-fi reader, and I found myself very confused through most of the middle third or so of this book. 

Still, there were definitely some interesting things going on, and I'm curious about the alien society that we get glimpses of throughout this book. (I suspect that the fact that I read a first contact story that I loved earlier this year may also be making it a bit hard not to compare this book to that, which probably isn't entirely fair).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment