Monday, August 23, 2021

Who Could That Be at This Hour?

 Who Could That Be at This Hour? by Lemony Snicket, 258 pages. 

I found this book when a reading challenge I was participating in required a middle grade mystery, and I was delighted to find that Lemony Snicket a) wrote more books and b) wrote books that might finally tell us more about the mysterious VFD from A Series of Unfortunate Events. Unfortunately, either because this book wasn't as strong as his previous series or because I haven't read said books in a long time and have since exited the target audience, I was disappointed in this book. I mostly found it tedious and slow-going (surprising for a middle grade book) and wasn't especially satisfied with how the mystery came together. Overall, I am not sure I will keep following the adventures of a young Lemony Snicket in an organization I feel safe assuming is the VFD.


No comments:

Post a Comment