Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Daughter of Smoke and Bone

 Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, 448 pages.

Karou is living a double life; one part art student in Prague, one part errand girl for monsters (who are also the only family she's ever known). The errands are mostly for Brimstone, who trades wishes for teeth, for reasons even Karou doesn't know. But after angels start causing problems she is going to have to find out, even if the answers she finds are much more than she could have imagined.

I read this book for the first time in high school and only recently finally got around to rereading it (inspired by the beautiful 10th anniversary edition pictured here). I continue to really enjoy it, even if it isn't my favorite by the author anymore. I really like Taylor's prose, and I find the world building keeps my imagination going long after I put the book down. There are definitely elements of the book that are sort of adolescent, but I still absolutely enjoyed it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment