Monday, November 2, 2020

You Were There Too

You Were There Too by Colleen Oakley, 327 pages

Artist Mia and her surgeon husband Harrison have just moved into the small town of Hope Springs, Pennsylvania. It seems to be a perfect life, except Mia keeps having these vivid dreams about a very specific random man. Imagine her surprise when she meets that man and finds out he's been having dreams about her too! Soon Mia and the dream guy (Oliver) are investigating all of the possible implications of their dreams, straining Mia and Harrison's already fraught relationship, brought on by Harrison's long hours and Mia's third miscarriage. Mia is soon questioning whether Harrison or Oliver is who she's really meant to be with.

This was a really tough premise for me to swallow, and even though the book got easier to read as I went, the first half involved so many eyerolls on my part (at the premise, not the writing or anything) that I had a really tough time getting into it. But if you're OK with more mystical possibilities than I am (and that could include just about everyone), it's probably a good read. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment