Monday, November 9, 2020

The Thursday Murder Club

 

The Thursday Murder Club / Richard Osman, 355 pages

This is an utterly charming book tells of the club at the retirement community that consists of four unlikely friends who get together to solve cold cases.  Then a hot case comes their way!  The builder of the community is murdered and they are working hard to figure out the mystery.  All of this sounds so much like any other book featuring a murder but this book is different.  These characters are so fabulous it is hard to describe. I looked forward to every utterance, every plan they hatched and every insight into the relationships among the characters.  It was the first book in a LONG time that I actually slowed down while I was reading it because I didn't want it to end.  If you like interesting characters and dialog and have no hatred for mysteries, give this one a try.  It was the perfect book at the perfect time for me and I'm thrilled to see that a second one is in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment