Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Cosmos

Cosmos by Carl Sagan  365 pp.

I read this book back when the PBS series was a thing. Last year an audiobook version was produced with LeVar (Reading Rainbow / Geordi La Forge) Burton as the main narrator along with Neil deGrasse Tyson, Seth MacFarlane, and Ann Druyan, Sagan's collaborator on the television series. Burton does an excellent job of narration although I couldn't help but think of all the episodes of "Reading Rainbow" I watched with my kids. It was nice to revisit this book from long ago. And yes, the word 'billions" is very noticeably used frequently but Burton doesn't give it that distinctive Sagan style. The only downside to this audio version was the introduction by Ann Druyan because I found her voice not particularly pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment