Wednesday, April 3, 2024

A Death in Door County

 A Death in Door County by Annelise Ryan (2022, 336 pages)

This is my second wrapped book of 2024!*

A mysterious death on Lake Michigan leads police chief Jon to cryptozoologist and oddities store owner Morgan. The police need a little help with this death, it doesn't seem to be a drowning. And it's hard to ignore the bite marks on the body, so a large animal attack must be taken into consideration. Morgan asks to go out on the lake to check it out, not convinced it is a Nessie-like creature. I mean, could one even possibly live in the great lakes? She's not even 100% convinced when she thinks she sees a pair of glowing eyes in the water...

Charming mystery with lovable characters and fun twists. Maybe a little cheesy at times, but it was a perfect vacation read. Coincidentally, I read this book in Scotland. Bonus photo of it with me on Loch Ness!

Highly recommend this book if you've visited Door County before, it's fun to recognize different locations in the story!

★★★★☆

*I took 15 books I own but haven't read yet, wrapped them in wrapping paper, scrambled them, numbered them, and put them back on my shelf! Now I roll a die to see which I'll read next!



No comments:

Post a Comment