Thursday, April 6, 2023

Murder on the Orient Express

 Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie, 275 pages.

In this (tenth) case of detective Hercule Poirot he is pulled into the investigation of an impossible murder that took place in the train cabin right next to his on the Orient Express. Ratchett, the murdered man, is an American millionaire who had asked Poirot for his protection, believing that someone was planning on killing him. Poirot refused what had sound like a boring case from a man he didn't trust, but now the case is anything but boring. The one who killed him must be one of the thirteen people in the snowbound train, but the evidence keeps getting more puzzling.

I've never actually read an Agatha Christie novel before, and I thought it was finally time to remedy that. I was intrigued by the premise of this one (although I had had the ending spoiled for me), and so decided to jump right into the middle. It was a cool mystery, and I can definitely see why people still read Christie's books. I love how all of the evidence was laid out at various points, and how the book rewards the reader for being observant and putting together some things a little before they are revealed. I may very well read another of her mysteries. 


No comments:

Post a Comment