Monday, May 3, 2021

Binging with Babish

 Binging with Babish by Andrew Rea, 336 pages.

This cookbook is written by the same man who produces the recipes on YouTube that I trust the most (a video series of the same name), and I picked up this book mostly to see if it had any new, secret recipes. It did have a few, but what actually made me read this cookbook cover-to-cover were all of the little stories and fun facts that were scattered throughout, especially at the beginning of every recipe or series of recipes. 

It is clear that this book is mostly targeted for fans of the show. A lot of it feels like a behind-the-scenes tour, almost like a commentary track for my favorite cooking series. The whole thing is so full of personality, and it was a pleasure to read. I also really appreciate the "verdict" section of each recipe, which is both playful and helpful, and will tell you if the recipe is not worth the effort (such as in the case of McDonald's style chicken nuggets and szechuan sauce). I would definitely recommend this cookbook, and have a number of recipes bookmarked to try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment