Sunday, February 16, 2020

Trust Exercise

Trust Exercise / Susan Choi, 257 pgs.

I feel like I didn't manage this book very well.  I started then stopped and it took awhile to get back to it.  In the end, I enjoyed it.  Three sections from three different perspectives, the first part seemed too long, the second about right, the third too short. An interesting conceit that may have been better all at once.  The characters all attend a well known "arts" high school but the setting is secondary to what happens to the characters.  In the end, we aren't exactly sure what to believe, the first section being a story written by one of the characters, the second, a reaction to that story and the third, seemingly "real life."  See, I'm a little confused even after reading.  Some reviews say the ending makes the "puzzle fall into place."  Sure, maybe, or maybe it brings more questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment