Wednesday, October 9, 2024

The Ballad of Perilous Graves

The Ballad of Perilous Graves by Alex Jennings, 480 pages

Music = magic in this amazing book of dual New Orleanses. (Is that the plural of the city? I'm going with yes.) I first read and blogged about this creative debut novel last summer, and I just reread it for Orcs & Aliens next week. While I have a couple reservations about the timing of this read and discussion (the giant cosmic storm in the book seems a bit ill-timed with Helene and Milton hitting the southeast right now, but how was I to know that when I scheduled the discussion), my thoughts on the overall book haven't changed at all. In fact, discovering the existence of the book's companion Spotify playlist (thanks, Regan!), greatly enhanced my reading of it this time around. Can't wait to see what the Orcs & Aliens think of it on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment