Monday, February 19, 2024

The Bright Side of Disaster

The Bright Side of Disaster by Katherine Center (2007) 249 pages

This book was responsible for me waking in the middle of the night to read more because the story was going so well, and then when things took a turn for the worse, I had to finish it, making me groggy the whole next day. But... it's the kind of story that a woman can relate to, even long past child-bearing years.

Jenny is engaged to Dean, and she is unexpectedly pregnant. Then Dean leaves her and the baby is born. All the details ring so true: Jenny's first-person narration of her pregnancy, heartbreak, labor, and then falling in love with her baby. It's a great story with its expected and unexpected ups and downs, a lot more than what I've indicated.  Plus what I've already said is on the book's flap, so it can't be called a spoiler. See if you can finish it before bedtime!


No comments:

Post a Comment