Monday, February 7, 2022

Immune

Immune by Philipp Dettmer, 341 pages

Inspired by his own curiosity and the work done for his stunningly successful YouTube channel, Kurzgesagt - In A Nutshell, Dettmer's book is a surprisingly beautiful and wonderfully readable run down of what exactly your immune system is and how it works dutifully each day to protect you.

For the last two (plus) years, we've been surrounded by messaging about viruses and vaccines and antibodies and... and... and...

This book was easily one of the most readable non-fiction books I've ever had in front of me in my life. I wish all of my school text books had been written like this. Immune uses basic language and is full of beautiful illustrations, pithy footnotes, and hilarious metaphors (did you know your cells have hot dog buns and weiners???). Anyone who wants to better understand what their body is doing to keep them safe during a pandemic, or any time, would enjoy this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment