Monday, April 26, 2021

Rhythm of War

 Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson, 1232 pages.

I'm not entirely sure how useful a long review of the fourth book in a series is, but here is a brief review anyway.

I really loved this book, and I think it may very well be my new favorite in the series (or at least a close second). This book really hammers home that despite being 1000 page epic fantasy novels where the plot is about saving a cool fantasy world, ultimately the books are about mental health and recovery. There's not much I can say about the plot here without major spoilers for the first three books, but Kaladin's journey in this book meant a whole lot to me.

Also! There was way more information presented upfront in this book than in any other book I've read in Sanderson's extended universe. Most of his adult novels take place in an extended universe called the Cosmere, with each series set on a different planet in the same universe. Because they are different planets, there's not usually a whole lot of overlap between series, but there are hints throughout about how the universe works and what's going behind the scenes. This book finally reveals a lot of the high lore directly, which was pretty exciting for me personally.



No comments:

Post a Comment