Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Dear Cyborgs

Dear cyborgs / Eugene Lim, 163 pages

Sometimes you read a book and enjoy the act of doing so, but you finish and aren't quite sure what you just read.  So many parts of this book seemed fun or cool or exactly like the type of thing I enjoy reading but the finish product leaves me perplexed.  Did  somehow lose focus while reading?  Did some part of this not settle in my brain?  I really don't know.  I can't summarize the book.  I'm not sure what it was about.  It does start with the friendship of two Asian kids who meet in elementary school and hang out a lot.  Attracted by their mutual loneliness and feeling ostracized by their white classmates, they lose touch as adults then find each other again.  The stuff that happens in between may be plots from comics they were writing together, dreams, or just tales from another world.  I'm not really sure.  Someone else please read this and explain it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment