Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning: Short Fiction and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman  310 pp.

This anthology of short works includes a variety of sometimes creepy, sometimes disturbing, sometimes scary, and sometimes confusing stories. Some were published prior to this collections, others were new when this collection was published in 2015. Included is a lengthy introduction in which the author discusses the nature of "trigger warnings" and brief background information on the stories in the book. There is a novelized version of a "Doctor Who" episode written for the 50th Anniversary of the television show. There is also a story with characters from Gaiman's novel America Gods. Also included is "The Sleeper and the Spindle" which was later published as an illustrated stand-alone book. As with any collection like this, there are some I liked more than others. I can't say that there were any just I didn't like or that triggered me in any way. I bought this book when it came out and it has been sitting on my shelf every since. I chose instead to listen to the audiobook read by the author who I love listening to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment