Friday, July 21, 2017

The Hobbit

The Hobbit or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien  365 pp.

I originally read the LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit when I was in college. Several years ago I spent a good portion of the summer listening to the audio version of all three LOTR books. I finally got around to listening to The Hobbit. For those who are completely unaware, it is the story of a Hobbit by the name of Bilbo Baggins who is chosen by Gandalf, the wizard, to go on an adventure with a group of dwarves to reclaim their mountain and riches from Smaug, the dragon. Along the way Bilbo finds the ring that gives the wearer invisibility which he uses to much advantage during the journey. The audio version read by Rob Inglis is perfectly voiced including the songs. I enjoyed this version a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment