Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Lady Most Likely / Julia Quinn et al.

The Lady Most Likely: a novel in three parts by Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, and Connie Brockway. 372 p.

I was in the mood for something frothy and undemanding, and I generally enjoy Julia Quinn's books, so I picked this up. Because each author wrote a separate section of the book, three couples find happiness here, but there's not much overlap between the stories--everything takes place at the same house party, but first Couple 1 gets together, then Couple 2, etc. I think the story would have benefitted from a less linear approach. Switching between the characters would have made the brevity of each story a little less apparent. Still, the stories are nicely done, if even frothier than I was expecting.

The other thing I found odd was that the sensuality level varied tremendously between the stories--from just kisses for one couple to an extended sex scene for another. Not that the scene was out of place, and it made sense given that particular couple's history; I was just surprised to find that degree of variance within the same book.

Check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment