Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Batman: The Black Glove/Grant Morrison

Batman: The Black Gl0ve by Grant Morrison; graphic novel; 176 pages

This book is the direct predecessor to Batman: R.I.P. It's actually a loose collection of arcs, the first being a classic murder mystery (a group is called to a mansion, one of them is killed, and the rest are locked in until they can find the killer). That was probably my favorite part of the book, even if it did veer into horror towards the end. The second half is a story referring to some earlier arc with which I'm not familiar, and features Jezabel Jet, Bruce's current flame, and a character I can't stand (thought, having read Batman R.I.P. first, I'm a little biased). I think I understand a lot more from R.I.P. now, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment