Wednesday, July 13, 2022

All Out

 

All Out: The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queer Teens throughout the Ages edited by Saundra Mitchell, 368 pages.
This anthology is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. It's a collection of historical fiction stories (sometimes with fantasy elements) about queer teens. Overall I would say that it's a very okay collection. There weren't any stories I struggled to get through, but there also weren't any that made me go look up other works by the author. Although, to be fair to the anthology, I've learned that I'm a bit of a hard-sell for romance short stories. There were many times in this collection I was left at the end of the story having to suspend my disbelief pretty hard because the characters had only known each other for like two hours, but were convinced they were deeply in love.
 
(This cover is so pretty though, I left it extra large to show off the pretty cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment