Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Ring Shout

 

Ring Shout / P. Djeli Clark, read by Channie Waites 185 pgs.

I started this in audio and could not figure out what I was listening to.  Someone told me to give it another try and I'm glad I did.  I'm still not sure I got all of it but I think I got most of it.  And it is pretty incredible.  The KKK exists and they also have monsters fighting on their side.  The Ku Kluxes are kind of zombie like but fast and furious.  Our protagonist hunts them and she is good at it.  The movie "Birth of a Nation" puts a spell on the population and brings out their worst.  It is 1920s Georgia and our heroine has joined a motley crew to fight the Klan.  I'm not even sure how this all fits together, but the audio book is an amazing listen...stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment