Monday, April 30, 2012

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore 406 pages

The sequel to I am Number Four was less powerful to me because it was diluted by more points of view (number 6, number 7 and number 4).Marina (7) is not as compelling as number 4 and her guardian Adelina, who had stayed in a Spanish convent perhaps had her mind sapped by the other nuns. She is kind of weird and not as interesting as John's keeper.  The author had proposed a six book series; I don't know if this series will flounder Lore is no Rowling. Dialogue is weak and characterizations are a bit flawed. The friendship of Sam and John is most interesting. There is a bit of a tug or war with crushes with females.I did like the way Sam has a real stake in the Mogadorian quest. I guess that I will probably stick around for volume three.

No comments:

Post a Comment