Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Rivalry: Mystery at the Army-Navy Game by John Feinstein p. 266

I had not even finished Change-Up by Feinstein before I started The Rivalry. I have to admit that while I have seen a couple baseball games every year (and several world series baseball games on tv), I have never watched an Army-Navy football game. I don't, to be perfectly honest, really like football. I do, like Feinstein's writing and found myself speeding through the play by play description of The Rivalry to follow the storyline of Stevie Thomas and Susan Carol Anderson uncovering foul play on the football field. The plot is rather lame, not much of a mystery involving corruption, illegal betting, and the Secret Service. I won't give away the baddies in case you want to read this for yourself -- but I would recommend you read earlier books by Feinstein. I think that he might have felt a tad embarrassed, because he included a chapter with the history of the Army-Navy rivalry, stats, fun facts, Heisman Trophy player info etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment