Friday, August 27, 2010

Final Crisis/Grant Morrison

Final Crisis by Grant Morrison; graphic novel; 352 pages

I knew reading this would be a challenge, but I thought I could do it. I was wrong. I know enough about the DC universe to be impressed with Morrison's breadth of storytelling, but not enough to get even a fraction of all the references and story arcs he throws into this mix. The story is very Superman-centric, which didn't help my understanding. I think if you're a fan of Green Lantern and Superman, you'll get more out of this story than a Batman fan like myself (for all that this book sets up the major plot point of the current Batman arcs--Bruce Wayne's death--the Dark Knight gets surprisingly little screen time in this volume). Still, I can now say I've read one of the crisis stories, even if I didn't comprehend it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment