Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm Dying Up Here/William Knoedelseder

I'm dying up here: heartbreak and high times in stand-up comedy's golden era/William Knoedelseder 304 pages.
The mid-late 70's were a golden age for stand up comedy. This book talks about that time and the many comics who got their start in comedy clubs in New York and Los Angeles and made their way to the big time. This book tells of David Letterman, Jay Leno, Robin Williams, Richard Lewis, Elaine Boozler and many others and their eventual disagreement with club owners over pay issues. I listened to the audio of this during my recent trip to visit the in-laws. I enjoyed learning a bit more about the comics but only if that is a real topic of interest for you would I recommend this book. - Christa
Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment